Bama Bound Registration
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Capstone! You’ll find important information below. Our frequently asked question section and What to Know sections may also help answer some of your questions if you don’t see your answer below.
On-Campus Bama Bound
All Bama Bound sessions occur on campus.
As you plan your visit, keep in mind:
- Freshman sessions last 2 days, we will start each session at 8:00 a.m. CT and end at 1 p.m. on Day Two.
- Transfer sessions will start on 8:00 a.m. CT and end at 5 p.m.
- Course registration happens at the end of Bama Bound; late afternoon for transfers and the end of day 2 for Freshmen.
- The Birmingham airport is 1 hour away, and the Atlanta airport is 3 hours away and is in Eastern time. If you plan to use either of these airports, leave extra time between the end of Bama Bound and your flight before booking your travel.
Important Tips – Please Read
- In order to have access to the Orientation Registration System, freshmen students must be admitted, pay their freshmen enrollment deposit, and housing application fee.
- Space is first come, first serve. The dates available to the student will be shown only in their Orientation Registration System. You may see different dates from others based on your college, space availability, and admission type.
- Students will have access to similar classes all summer long. Selecting the first session does not give you an advantage, but we encourage you to attend Bama Bound as early as possible so you can experience Tuscaloosa early and enjoy the rest of your Summer!
- Your date and spot for Bama Bound are only confirmed once you pay for your registration.
- If you are not sure if a family member will be joining you at Bama Bound, make sure to pay for the student orientation to confirm the session that works best. You can always add guests to your student registration at a later date.
- Make sure you have received your confirmation email of payment and registration before you book your travel. We will not be able to add you to an already full session.
- Once you are registered, check our What to Bring section to be sure you’re prepared for your session.
- Continue to check your Crimson Mail. You will receive updates and other important pieces of communication from your college.
- Students admitted as Test Optional: At least 7 days prior to your Bama Bound Session, you are required to take the Math Placement Assessment. It can be found in the “MyCourses” section of your UA Blackboard account.
More pointers and information about Bama Bound will be sent to you closer to summer.
To register for Bama Bound, login to mybama.ua.edu and select the Admissions & Scholarships page. Navigate to the Undergraduate Admission section and the Admitted Freshman Next Steps list. Choose option 3 Orientation registration to move forward. Transfer students will see the option to register in the same section, but it will be option 1. You will need a valid credit card or a blank/voided check to complete the payment portion of the registration process. Registration will open in early February.