WHAT HAPPENS AT
All new, incoming freshmen and transfer students must attend orientation before registering for classes. Bama Bound will prepare you for your transition to Alabama. You’ll build community with other students, learn the ins and outs of being part of the Crimson Tide and start shaping your pathway to success.
Students and their family members or guests will experience different orientation programs during their scheduled session.
Visit the new student checklist and What to Know for helpful next steps to prepare for Bama Bound.
Bama Bound is proud to also offer Sibling Orientation for rising freshmen through rising seniors in high school. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
WHAT TO KNOW
Before You Arrive
- All Bama Bound sessions are in-person and on campus in Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Complete the Bama Bound checklist.
- Memorize your myBama login. You will need this to register for your classes.
- Set up your DUO and Action Card early so that you can use it at Bama Bound.
- It rains quite a bit in Alabama. Bring a rain jacket or umbrella just in case!
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will be walking a lot and doing some activities. Layers are helpful as it is usually hot outside and cold inside.
- Lunch and dinner are provided on Day 1 of your program. Breakfast is provided on Day 2.
- Bring a refillable water bottle so you can stay hydrated.
- A laptop or tablet are useful for registering for your courses. We recommend you bring one with you.
- If you’ve selected to stay overnight on campus, bring linens, pillows and towels with you. Accommodations are only available for sessions in May, June and July. Students and family members who request housing for Bama Bound will not stay in the same suite or room.
Directions & Parking
Parking information will be sent to students’ email addresses 5 days before their Bama Bound session. Visit our Campus Map’s Driving Directions to create a personalized route for how to get to the UA campus.
The Day of Your Session
- Bama Bound is mandatory for all students. You should plan to be present for the full day and a half of the program.
- Check-in begins at the time designated on the schedule sent to students’ email addresses. The line usually starts forming 15 minutes before check-in.
- Students will check themselves in for Bama Bound, and family members who are attending family orientation will check in at a different table. Be sure both have checked in successfully.
- Make the most of this experience! Ask all of your questions, challenge yourself to make connections, and talk to at least 4 tables during the Capstone Connections Fair!